Principal: Linda Crigger
Office Phone Number: 731-536-4688
Main Office Fax: 731-536-0469
Guidance Office Fax: 731-536-0141
Obion County Central High School
528 Highway 51 North
Troy, TN 38260
Effective January 1, 2007, the Student Handbook includes changes regarding discipline. The information located on pages 3 and 4 of the handbook (Discipline Ladder) is being replaced by the following discipline procedures, which you may review at your convenience.
Updated Discipline Procedures
TSIPP Tennessee School Improvement Planning Process
Parental Involvement Plan
The mission of Obion County Central High School is to develop self-reliant, responsible citizens by challenging students through instruction, curriculum and example to achieve their highest potential in all endeavors.
1. Teachers and administrators should be actively involved in the design of rules and should implement them consistently.
2. School should meet the individual needs of students.
3. The school environment should be safe for students, teachers, and support staff.
4. Education should contribute to the success of students in terms of accepting responsibility, making good decisions, developing self-discipline, and creating a positive self-image.
5. Education should instill in the student a general knowledge in order for student to develop problem-solving skills and to function in a diverse and changing society.
6. Education should develop socialization skills such as communication, cooperation, ethics, acceptance of property rights, and tolerance for individual differences.
7. All curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities are valuable.
8. Educators should display knowledge of subject matter.
9. A student's education is the responsibility of students, parents, teachers, and the community.